Friday, February 7, 2014

Amantra's White Tulle Gloves: Vintage Fashion Photos

2/4/14

                             Amantra's White Tulle Gloves:  Vintage Fashion Photos


I'd been on break, with school work and what not, but all the while I've been making these white tulle gloves with black feather trim. I got the inspiration for this project from a 1988 Ebony Magazine, where Micheal Jackson dawns the front cover.
There's an  advertisment for ciggerettes and a black model wearing a pair of white, transparnet gloves possibly made of sheer fabric, nylon or mesh netting . All I have in stock is white tulle, left over from other projects I thought would best substitute the material mentioned above. Then I remembered a pictuee of  Bette Middler I found online last year that presuaded me  to add the feather trim, which I created from sratch. I made the feather trim using  100%  polyester designer white ribbon, double sided tape, balck feathers white thread, and E-6000 all purpse glue.
The inspiration for the photo-shoot is for self-promotion intentions for my online store
http://amantrascouture.bigcartel.com/


You know I love the 1950's Hollywood era, especially  for its glamor photography, high and classic fashion, movies and actresses. This one particular photo of Marilyn Monroe was just the right direction I wanted to take this project in for the picture taking part, and here's what I came up with











I will have similar lingerie arm length gloves available for $22 at my store soon!
Thanks for all your support, your the ones I do this for!!!
Please check me out on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/AmantrasCouture/videos
and follow this blog at http://amantrascourture.blogspot.com/

Please #rate #comment #subscribe #share
Thanks so much

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to reading your comments