Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Paying Homage to Bob Mackie

1/7/13 

Paying Homage to Bob Mackie


 What Bob Mackie means to me. Well since the beginning of my love affair for Cher dating back to 5th- 6th grade, I just remember falling in love with her style, her fashion sense and artistry.  I wanted to know who she was wearing, and who her main designer was because who ever they were I wanted to yo put a visual to such talent. I found out  his name was Robert Gordon Mackie a.k.a. Bob Mackie, he's an American fashion designer best known for his extreme use of sequins, and rhinestones. He designs outfits for the biggest icons of pop culture including but not limited to Cher, Judy Garland, Carol Burnett, Diana Ross and even (Alecia Moore) Pink!

I just adore clothes with sparkle and glitz, and shiny fabric because to me it's what gives your
outfit the cherry on top affect.
So this guy above is who you'll probably read about me referencing his work, and when I'm in my glitzy, showgirl glam persona while desiging couture, I have an alter-ego named "BARBRA MACKIE." 

I complied an array of some of my favorite outfits he's created












a True fashion deity to me,  I strive to live up to his brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to reading your comments