Monday, January 20, 2014

My New and Improved Bullet Bra Pads

1/17/14


Everyone knows or should know what a bullet bra is. It's a form of women's brassiere that gives the breast a pointed and lifted affect by using wire, stitching, and foam. Bullet bra's were  invented in the late-1940s and became popular in the 1950's by actresses like Marilyn Monroe, Betty Grable, and Lana Turner. That's why this bra is still considered sexy, because of it's beauty and unavailability. This undergarment over time has become a piece of lingerie that I believe every diva and fashionista should have in her collection!
                                                         

A  classic black & white photo of a glamorous actress wearing this type of bra to enhance her female silhouette, and exaggerating her features!
Last year was my first time at making this type of bra pad and here's what I came up with:



It was fairly easy to accomplish, all I did was cut the foam into the proper shape of my breast, stitched it into place and decorate the outside. You might ask why would one need to wear bra pads?
Well, for aesthetic, erotic, personal preference, among many more reasons unlisted, but this is my way of being "economical and luxurious" by making my own, instead of buy one online.
I've always been a fan of the 1950's for it's fashion, and I think I did a good job this time around with the new and improved version I'll be showing you.

here's my original outline prototype:


I used this green foam for the padding part I bought from Joanne's Fabric store for $2-3
⦁    black thread
⦁    dark colored Sharpie pen to mark the fabric and material
⦁    royal purple rayon shirt
⦁    white thread
⦁    pink/ white lace ribbon trim
What helps me tackle a project during the construction part is using paper and making a 3-D miniature version of the "intended part". That's what you'll see in the following picture along with the actual pattern.


 Even though I manipulated the foam after cutting it, the patterns were a great guide.
so I did the edge stitching using Big Bertha (sewing machine) and it's not easy to sew with foam so it does require finest and practice, but I got through it.
It may look a little rough but nobody's going to see this part REMEMBER!!!!
So here's my new foam bra pads without the fabric!


For the rayon part and adding the pink and white lace trim to the edges was mostly done by hand. Sewing by hand requires taking your time and having patience, that's what I've learned and personally I need practice on patients, because I have none... LOL


Here are some photos of me modeling the final product ENJOY!!!




Bonus fun fact:
The jewelry you see me wearing is original and designed by me!!!
It took me about three days and I thought it would give my photos for this blog post a more professional appearance.
I will probably do a blog post my jewelry making process,
but until then Stay safe and thanks for reading

Take a look at some photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to reading your comments