Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Amantra Revamps Her Powder-Room

1/9/14


So I  began planning to re-decorate the bathroom for my apartment at which I resign, around Novemeber/ December of 2013. Here's an illustration, prototype of what I envisioned the bathroom to look like before beginning this "ASSIGNMENT" :

My illustration with transparent sheet protector

 my illustration without the  transparent sheet protecter



 I got the idea about splitting the shower curtain from the way my boyfriend's mom bathroom decor is  presented. One day while  we were going over to her home for a visit, during the time I started to take applied arts seriously. I noticed in her bathroom, her shower curtains were opened and parted, and I though It that was such an awesome idea to replicate.  At the last minuet I decided to add the black organza material (NOT PICTURED ABOVE) o cover the transparent part.

The color scheme for the overall bathroom is baby blue and black.






I embellished the Dixie cup holder first, a week before Christmas of last year. I used Baby blue soft woven fabric-ribbon, then I  overlapped it with the black lace to give the entire piece an expensive appeal.


Before I began my project I was grateful to use my new pattern cutting cardboard that I recently acquired. I love it so much because I can now make PRECISER cutting with the cool measurements guide on top.


 For the shower curtain I wanted to do something glamorous and gorgeous, so I decided to embellish the baby-blue shower curtains I purchased from the dollar store. The supplies used were:
⦁    4 1/2 yards of Black Organza fabric
⦁    3 yards of black lace
⦁    1 spool of 100% black polyester thread
⦁    1 spool of 100%  Baby-Blue polyester thread
 

I then took some  photos of the conceptual process:




So let's take a look at the whole appearance of the bathroom

you can see I decorated the three glass  vases (that I purchased from V.O.A for 90 cent each) on the counter top with black curling ribbon, glamorous $3-4 buttons from Joanne's Fabrics, and hot glued into place. Then for the flower arrangement part you see white, red, pink, baby-blue, blue-violet, black flowers. I put the spray painted black flowers towards the back, and threw in  glittery blue accents in each.  I  filled the vase  with clear oval marbles, and it turned out wonderfully.





































Here are pictures of the my final result, Thanks for viewing!!








1 comment:

  1. followed.waiting for you to follow back.
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to reading your comments